- This event has passed.
2019 NSW Junior Championship
June 23 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm$30
The 2019 NSW Junior’s Championship will be held on Sunday June 23rd at the Hanho Newspaper, 370, Blaxland Road, Eastwood. Registration closes at 9:30am with games commencing at 10:00am. The closing ceremony and prize giving will be after the final round is complete (approx 3:30pm).
All players 16 or under are encouraged to take part – there are prizes and certificates for the winners and all players will be assessed and issued with AGA ranking certificates.
Each child must have parent or carer must be present, (a carer can be responsible for more than one child).
Tournament Director & Referee
David Mitchell is the Tournament Director; the Tournament Referee is An Younggil 8P.
Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, AGA member number (if known) and rank if you wish to enter.
Entry fee (payable on the day) $30 – Includes lunch.
- Clocks are started at the direction of the Tournament Director.
- If a player fails to start the game within 10 minutes of the start of the round that player loses the game by default.
Divisions, Moves and Counting
- There will be two divisions, one for players 9 kyu and stronger and the second for players 10 kyu and below.
- The Japanese counting method applies to all games.
- A move consists of passing, resigning or placing a stone on the board and removing any prisoners.
- Once played a move may not be taken back – if a player attempts to take a move back they automatically lose.
- A player must press the clock with the same hand as the one placing the stone on the board.
- Where a player is in byo yomi and a move captures a large group (more than 5 stones) the clock will be stopped when the stone is placed.
- Your table number opponent, handicap & player colours are set by the draw.
- Each player has 20 minutes normal time plus 3 x 30 seconds byo-yomi.
In the event of a dispute the Tournament Referee & Tournament Director will collect information from all parties in the dispute before making a decision.
Consistent breaking of tournament rules may result in a warning from the Tournament Referee. A player is automatically disqualified on a second warning.
Note: The decisions of the Tournament Director and Tournament referee are made in accordance with the IGF Code of Ethics