- This event has passed.
Australian Open & Digital Tournament
October 18, 2021 @ 8:00 am - December 5, 2021 @ 5:00 pmFree
The Australian Go Association cannot hold a face to face National Championship this year. So the 6th Australian Digital Championship and the 43rd Australian Open will be a combined tournament. This is a temporary measure and all expectations are that we will revert to the customary tournament form next year.
The tournament is on the Internet in seven rounds, one per week. Results are due by midnight each Sunday by email. The draw for the next round (opponent, colour, handicap) will be sent out by midday Monday. Each competitor is to contact their opponent, sort out a time, play the game online, email the result and the game record to the tournament director. The tournament is an Australian Swiss draw in three divisions, open (2k to 7d), upper handicap (2d to 10k, up to nine stones), and lower handicap (10k to 30k, up to nine stones) using Australian (Japanese) rules.
- Entries close at the end of Sunday 17 October, 2021.
- Round 1 will be played Monday 18 October to Sunday 24 October.
- Round 2 will be played Monday 25 October to Sunday 31 October.
- Round 3 will be played Monday 1 November to Sunday 7 November.
- Round 4 will be played Monday 8 November to Sunday 14 November.
- Round 5 will be played Monday 15 November to Sunday 21 November.
- Round 6 will be played Monday 22 November to Sunday 28 November.
- Round 7 will be played Monday 29 November to Sunday 5 December.
- Results will be announced Monday 6 December, 2021.
Entries by email to the tournament director (Horatio Davis of the Queensland Go Society, firstname.lastname@example.org) with rank, home club and country, and username on the Online Go Server (and username on the KGS Go Server if you have one). Thanks to our sponsor PacifiGo Australasian Go Supplies there is no registration fee; joining in the tournament is FREE. But we do need your information by the closing date (middle of October) and definitely before the first round starts.